1) What should I wear? Just come in something that does not restrict your movement (ideally a T-shirt, tracksuit bottoms & trainers). If you become a regular member then you are expected to wear a members T-shirt which is available for £15.
2) Do I need any previous Martial Art experience? No. Experience is always beneficial bit it is not a necessity. Infact it can be an advantage not to have any experience as you will not have any habits that you may have to break (or unlearn) at a later stage.
3) Do I have to be fit to start classes with you? No. You should, however, be healthy before you participate in any physical activity. If you are in any doubt you should consult your doctor before training. As you progress, your fitness will improve.
4) Is this class suitable for Women? Yes. It is believed that Wing Chun was invented by a women. It is therefore not necessary for a practitioner to have great strength or brute force in order to learn or use Wing Chun so it is ideal for women.
5) Are there any age restrictions? Yes. We only accept students aged 16 years and above.
6) What is the class format? This varies but as a rule we start with a stretch and light warm up. Then for the next half hour we concentrate on basics and forms - essential for beginners. Following this we work on various drills and combinations which we may then apply in Chi Sau (Sticking Hands) and finish with free Chi Sau/sparring. On some sessions we might do pad work and take downs.
7) Do you have gradings and/or belts? No.
8) When can I start? You can start anytime. Please get in touch using the relevant contact form and we can arrange a date for you to start (first session is free).